Innovation and Collaboration – Telling Your Story
through Performance, Impact and Inspiration
Friday, May 2 – Saturday, May 3, 2014
Office Depot Corporate Headquarters • Boca Raton, Florida
“Weekend in Boca is a great opportunity for nonprofits,
no matter what size, to gain valuable information.
It challenges you to think out of the box.”
The concept and practice of storytelling are high on the agenda of nonprofit executives and boards – and if they aren’t, they should be. We live in an age that is increasingly visual and mobile. Younger generations are looking for and absorbing information in vastly different ways – and in shorter amounts of time.
The Office Depot Foundation’s seventh annual Weekend in Boca Civil Society Leadership Symposium will help you learn how to tell your stories concisely and effectively by focusing on:
- Performance – communicating your success in accomplishing your goals.
- Impact – communicating the difference that you are able to make over the long haul.
- Inspiration – engaging the community in supporting your mission through donations, volunteerism, opportunities to collaborate and other ways both tangible and intangible.
“Weekend in Boca is the best event of its type in the
industry. They provide a nurturing, collaborative
environment and the highest caliber of speakers and
presentations. I look forward to attending each year.”
Nonprofit organizations must strive to be innovative and explore opportunities to collaborate if they want to be sustainable over the long haul. Weekend in Boca plays a key role in the Office Depot Foundation’s continuing efforts to help nonprofit organizations harness the power of innovation and collaboration, leverage their strengths, and make the greatest possible impact in their communities.
The Symposium is free to nonprofit organization executives and staff, board members, volunteers, business and civic leaders, government officials and anyone with a strong interest in the civil society sector.
“This event was an amazing experience. I took away
many valuable and useful connections and tremendous
information. Can’t wait for next year!”
- Nationally recognized speakers
- Carol Cone, Global Chair for Business + Social Purpose, Edelman
- Melissa Bradley, Founder and Managing Director, New Capitalist
- Richard Crespin, CEO, Crespin Enterprises, and Senior Fellow, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Lindsay Nichols, Communications and Marketing Senior Director, GuideStar USA
- Stacy Palmer, Editor, Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Diane Remin, President, MajorDonors.com
- Extensive time for networking and sharing best practices
- Opportunity to attend Office Depot Foundation Listen Learn Care Awards Celebration on May 2 – featuring keynote speaker Michael Chatman, Host of #WHYIGIVE on Twitter and Chief Generosity Officer, Look to the Stars – at a special reduced rate
View the agenda and speakers – and register today at
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you in May!