OAK BROOK, Ill., March 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — McDonald’s USA today announced the ninth annual return of its Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour. This year’s line-up features celebrated and talented gospel acts, including music director and songwriter Donald Lawrence, vocal powerhouse Yolanda Adams, evangelist and the “Rose of Gospel” Dorinda Clark-Cole, the incomparable choral-master Ricky Dillard, urban inspirational artist DeWayne Woods, Stellar Award nominee and BET Network’s “Sunday Best” season six winner Tasha Page-Lockhart and Christian comedienne Small Fire all sharing one stage. Stellar Award winning artist and radio personality Lonnie Hunter will host the nationwide tour. Beginning May 13 and running through Oct. 17, the free concert series will share messages of love, hope and inspiration.
“I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to join this unique tour with so many of my phenomenal peers,” said Clark-Cole, a member of one of gospel’s most notable families. “The tour will certainly be filled with exciting, soul-stirring music.”
As with past years, McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour will emphasize the importance of sharing love and giving back to the community by supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about the Charity and the important role it plays in helping to keep thousands of families together while their ill children receive critical medical care. Attendees will also be encouraged to donate to their local RMHC Chapter to help neighboring families served by the Charity.
“At McDonald’s, we are committed to sharing love and giving back in our local communities and we look forward to bringing people together to enjoy inspirational music while highlighting such a worthy cause like RMHC,” said William Rhodes, McDonald’s U.S. marketing director.
Concerts are free of charge. Fans can visit http://www.365Black.com to obtain tickets. The multi-city tour will make stops in 14 markets, including: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Greensboro, Houston, Indianapolis, Jackson, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Raleigh, St. Louis and Washington, D.C.
Tour dates and locations include:
- May 13 – Detroit, Greater Grace Temple
- May 14 – Chicago, House of Hope
- May 15 – Milwaukee, Abundant Faith Church of Integrity*
- May 20 – Raleigh, Wake Chapel Church
- May 21 – Greensboro, Mount Zion Baptist Church*
- May 22 – Charlotte, The Park Church*
- June 19 – Jackson, Jackson Convention Center
- June 26 – Houston, New Light Church
- July 10 – Philadelphia, Dell Music Center
- July 19 – Indianapolis, Indianapolis Convention Center – Indianapolis Black Expo*
- August 9 – Atlanta, Georgia World Conference Center – Neighborhood Awards
- August 28 – St. Louis, Greater Grace Church
- September 14 – Washington, D.C., The Kennedy Center – Gospel Music Heritage Awards
- October 17 – Los Angeles, Taste of Soul Family Festival
*Select artists will perform.
McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour is an extension of the brand’s 365Black platform, an initiative that celebrates the pride, heritage and achievements of African-Americans year round. Dr Pepper® also returns as a tour sponsor, showing its appreciation and commitment to the African-American community.