NEW YORK, Aug. 4, 2014 — Jeffrey Osborne, Bell Biv DeVoe, Chris Spencer, Beverly Johnson,Anthony Anderson, the Doug Banks Radio Show and more will join 800 of the nation’s top African American entrepreneurs, executives and professionals at the 21st annual Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Whatever your pleasure—be it entertainment, lounging poolside, hitting the links or courts, or being pampered at the spa—the power networking, luxury and fun is the bottom line at this one-of-a-kindLabor Day Weekend, set for Aug. 28- Aug. 31, at PGA National Resort and Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Highlights of the 2014 Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge:
- Evening concert featuring performance by Bell Biv DeVoe, hosted by Pepsi
- Comedy Night, hosted by Chris Spencer
- Challenge Awards Dinner emceed by Actor/Comedian Anthony Anderson, followed by a night of music from R&B crooner Jeffrey Osborne, hosted by FedEx
- Competitive Tournament Golf featuring the PGA National course; Social Golf and Golf Academy with instructors, plus Social Tennis and Tennis Academy
- Live broadcast of the Doug Banks Radio Show
- Battle of the Sexes competition hosted by Comedian/Producer Chris Spencer and Supermodel turned entrepreneur Beverly Johnson
- 3-on-3 basketball tournament emceed by Cedric Maxwell
- Enjoy the good life with the perfect weekend getaway at PGA’s world-class spa hosted by Supermodel Beverly Johnson
- Plus: health, finance and business workshops; cutting-edge fitness classes like Ballet & Tone and spin studios; shopping excursions, Celebrity Master Chef Challenge, and Wine and Design
The prestigious weekend continues to be the largest African American sporting event of its kind, with two decades of showcasing world-class entertainers (Raphael Saadiq, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Fantasia, Steve Harvey, Babyface, Earth Wind & Fire, MC Lyte, Big Daddy Kane, Chrisette Michelle, Anthony Hamilton and Dave Chappelle are just a small sampling of the showstoppers who have performed at the Challenge) and attracting African American achievers from every arena, ranging from then-teen tennis sensations Venus and Serena Williams, to golf legends Charlie Sifford and Lee Elder. The yearly conclave draws hundreds of attendees, including some of the nation’s top corporate executives, professionals, tastemakers and entrepreneurs for fun in the sun, top-notch entertainment, and all-inclusive amenities in a relaxed and engaging environment. The most determined golf and tennis competitors will compete for the coveted Purple Jacket, awarded to the champions of the Challenge tournaments, as well as receive trophies by Tiffany & Co.
For Golf & Tennis Challenge registration and full schedule information visit www.blackenterprise.com/gt. For the latest event updates, as well as other perks and prizes for registrants, follow the #BEGT hash tag on Twitter and Facebook.
BLACK ENTERPRISE, your ultimate source to build Wealth for Life, is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, be has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, black enterprise magazine provides 4 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, BE also produces television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. BLACK ENTERPRISE is the definitive source of information for and about African American business leaders, personal finance, careers and small business. Visit www.blackenterprise.com for more information.
SOURCE Black Enterprise