Passionate Pursuits: Knight Arts Challenge Miami
Are you in South Florida? Don’t miss your chance to to inspire South Florida’s growing local arts scene! Deadline March 4th!
It’s your turn to inspire South Florida’s growing local arts scene.You’re here because, like us, you believe the arts are the highest form of human expression. They describe beauty, speak to our soul, engage and enrage. They celebrate our community’s diversity and etch our shared experience. The arts inspire.
The Knight Arts Challenge is a Miami-based initiative to draw the best and most innovative ideas out of local organizations and individuals seeking to transform the community through the arts. If you have a great idea in the arts, let us know. Take part in a community rising to new levels of artistic achievement and global recognition. In the last five years, 143 ideas were funded. Is this your year?
The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation is seeking ideas and innovation in the arts from nonprofits, companies and individuals.
The 2013 Miami challenge will be open Feb. 4 – March 4.
There are three simple rules:
- The idea is about arts.
- The project takes place in or benefits South Florida.
- You find other funding to match the Knight Foundation grant.
Knight’s Arts Associate Tatiana Hernandez compiled a list of resources and strategies on how to best apply. Read the KAC Miami FAQ to learn more.
Have a question, or would you like to talk with Knight Foundation staff in person? Join us for one of four community roundtables taking place in neighborhoods throughout South Florida.
- 7 p.m. Feb. 18: Cinema Paradiso, Ft. Lauderdale, 503 SE 6th St, Fort Lauderdale
- 7 p.m. Feb. 19: Opa-locka City Hall, 780 Fisherman St., Second Floor
- 7 p.m. Feb. 20: Cannonball, Downtown Miami, 1035 N. Miami Ave., Suite 200
- 7 p.m., Feb. 21: South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, 10950 SW 211 St.
Leave a Reply